FAULTY SHORE WATER HOOKUP?

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Reel Easy
Sporadic User

Re: FAULTY SHORE WATER HOOKUP?

Post by Reel Easy »

FWIW. I also have a 78 F-32. Mine is an express though. My water pump is under the galley next to the water heater. It is switched on and off from the helm. My freshwater tank is just aft of the v-birth below the floor. No dock side water that i could find. As for the shower pump. I can hear it and it sounds like it is under the shower??
Dustin
78 F-32 Express Hard top twin 360s Abyss
1999 360 Express twin 7.4
Catawba Island, Ohio
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

Post by aaronbocknek »

hey guys, aaron here. still have not had a chance to swap out the old boat side unit. i've either been flying 4 day trips, or the weather has not been cooperating. i also need an extra pair of hands on the inside, as the PO installed it with screws AND nuts. why? i have no idea. the screws are roughly 4" inches long. what a pain in the butt. i'll get to it. may take a bit, but i will. eventually.
aaron
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
larryeddington
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by larryeddington »

Hi Aaron my tri cab city fresh water hooks up under the stern rail and the tank fill next to it. I have just finished assessing my water system. Turns out tank was full it overflowed into bilge as its overflow does not go through a through the hull. Fixed the shurflo pump with new pressure switch. System pressures up but about every minute the pump will cycle on. I traced it back to leaking water out the plug at the city water connection. I am going to put a second check valve on that high pressure line so the pressure will not get to the coupling for city water hose. Otherwise I have to use pliars to tighten the coupling plug tight enough so it wont leak when using on board water pump. I am going to install a receiver pressure tank as well.
Larry Eddington
1984 F-36 Tri Cabin "The Phoenix II"
1978 F-28 "The Phoenix"
Fish Master 2350 Bay Boat
9.5' Dink