Gasket and soundproof material

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

rsciolino

Gasket and soundproof material

Post by rsciolino »

Any good recommendations on engine hatch soundproofing material and also rubber gasket material for the perimeter of the cover?
randyp
Active User

Post by randyp »

There's a lot of stuff for both. Check out an marine supply outlet online.
http://www.defender.com is Defender in CT. Pretty good prices and no sales tax. They show 3 kits, a coating (new) and foam. West Marine carries a lot. I usually shop around online and "google" what I'm looking for first.
I don't have any soundproofing on my boat and always intend to add it, but then I get sidetracked....besides when I was in VietNam I slept next door to a bigass diesel generator - so I'd miss all that noise if I ever did soundproof!
Randy P
1977 F-26 HT
"Blue Heron"
rsciolino

Post by rsciolino »

Thanks Randy. I too have an F-26 that I bought simply for a storage charge. Where are you located?
randyp
Active User

Post by randyp »

We keep the boat on Great Sacandaga Lake - a man made lake just west of Lake George. We're putting it on the NYS Canals this summer. Bought ours in 1999 with only 300 hours on the engine. I've done a LOT of work on it since then. This forum is a great place for information and ideas. I replaced my leaking front cabin windows and upgraded my house bank batteries from advice gotten here. I have all the original info for my boat and have sent parts of it to others in the past. Let me know if you need any original owner's manual stuff and I can email it.
Randy P
1977 F-26 HT
"Blue Heron"