my dad would like to join the forum

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

my dad would like to join the forum

Post by aaronbocknek »

greetings fellow trojan owners. my dad, as you have read from my previous posts, owned a 1972 trojan f-36 tri cabin from april of 1972 until march of 2008. he is always impressed by the information i share with him about this fantastic forum, and would like to join, but, since he is no longer a trojan boat owner, he does not know how you all would feel. i have told him on a number of occasions that his wealth of knowledge being the sole owner of a tri cabin for so long, would be invaluable to the folks here. he has experienced everything from rebuilding the back bulkheads, replacing the rotten back deck to replacing stuffing boxes and sea cocks. believe it or not, our beloved tri cabin never suffered from soft forward decks in the entire time we had her. so, if you all would like to hear from a man that owned a tri cabin for nearly 36 years, let me know and i will forward the information onto him so he can join in the fun here.
aaron
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com
chumwithabottleofrum
Sporadic User

Post by chumwithabottleofrum »

once a Trojan owner, always a Trojan owner.
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

I don't see a proplem theres no rule you have to own a trojan . I am sure your dad would be welcome here . ( he didn't trade for a searay did he ? LOL ) . If this fourm was picky would they let me on here ?

He will be Very welcome here !
Last edited by prowlersfish on Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
ready123
Ultimate User

Re: my dad would like to join the forum

Post by ready123 »

aaronbocknek wrote:greetings fellow trojan owners. my dad, as you have read from my previous posts, owned a 1972 trojan f-36 tri cabin from april of 1972 until march of 2008. he is always impressed by the information i share with him about this fantastic forum, and would like to join, but, since he is no longer a trojan boat owner, he does not know how you all would feel.
I'm sure that no one will have any objections..... NOTE this site is called Trojanboats.net not to be confused with the one named http://www.trojanownersclub.com/ where your question might be more valid. :wink:

Also there are no rules here that would preclude his joining... if it makes you/him feel better why not put ex-owner F-36 in his sig or information side bar to make things clear.
This is the Internet afterall, so we each should be selective on whom we wish to validate... :wink:

Looking forward to hearing from him....
Michael
Rum is the reason Pirate's have never ruled the world
Done Dreamin'
1987 President 43' Twin Lehman 225SP Turbo
Highfield 310 Ally 15 HP Yamaha 2cycle
1978 F32 Sedan twin 318 Chry SOLD
Safe Cove Marina, Port Charlotte, FL
David Kane
Sporadic User

Post by David Kane »

I don't believe it is a requirement to own a Trojan to be a member of this forum. In fact, I know someone who is a member of this forum. but does not own a Trojan. Your dad would certainly be welcom here. You've impressed me, Aaron, with your contributions on the site, and I'm sure your dad will both make a positive contribution and in turn be rewarded by what he gains from the site. Who knows, it may even inspire him to get another Trojan!
willietrojan
Moderate User

Post by willietrojan »

ready123,

Does anyone do anything on that site anymore? I have looked at it several time over years and nothing seems to have been updated or changed.
WillieTrojan (Owned F32, Willpower in Kinsale, Va)
Spanish Fort, Al

Looking for 33 International
ready123
Ultimate User

Post by ready123 »

willietrojan wrote:ready123,
Does anyone do anything on that site anymore? I have looked at it several time over years and nothing seems to have been updated or changed.
Not much new. though the message board seems current with questions (very low volume).... most answers suggest to come here or other generic boat/engine sites. :wink:
Michael
Rum is the reason Pirate's have never ruled the world
Done Dreamin'
1987 President 43' Twin Lehman 225SP Turbo
Highfield 310 Ally 15 HP Yamaha 2cycle
1978 F32 Sedan twin 318 Chry SOLD
Safe Cove Marina, Port Charlotte, FL
gjrylands
Moderate User

Post by gjrylands »

Welcome Aboard :D
Anyone that can help with problems Trojan owner have with their boats is welcome as far as Im concerned.
Gerry
1979 F36 Twin Chryler 440's
randyp
Active User

Post by randyp »

The TBOAMC (Trojan Boat Owners Association Membership Committee) has convened and is pleased to inform you that your father may join. All you or he need to do is send a cashiers check for $5000.00 initiation fee to me before the end of this year.

Thankew very very much and welcome!!
Randy P
1977 F-26 HT
"Blue Heron"
reelfishin
Moderate User

Post by reelfishin »

I think any boat owner would be welcome on here.
I say definately welcome him. I am sure I will find use of his knowledge. Besides he might have a few "yarns" to tell. :D
Fishing Chesapeake Bay and Off Shore Virginia.
1988 11 meter Trojan International 450 HP 671TI Detroit Diesels
LSP
Active User

Post by LSP »

Aaron .... I say "Welcome you dad aboard" I'm sure we'll see him this season on "Event Horizon". I know my dad would have loved this forum.
Will - LSP
1976 F32 "Donegal"
1985 10 Meter "Whakanui"
Hog Pen Creek
Middle River, Md
Stripermann2
Ultimate User

Post by Stripermann2 »

Aaron,
I think I can safely say for the most of us here in this forum family... :wink: that he is more than welcome and we look forward to having him onboard! You can never have enough information and he will be a great addition!

Besides, it's not like he owns a Sea Ray or the likes. :lol:

But forewarn him...he may end up buying ANOTHER Trojan! :D
Jamie

1985 F-32 270 Crusaders
1988 Sea Ray 23 350 Merc.
Trojan. Enjoy the ride...

-I don't wanna hear anyone whine...Anymore!
-You might get there before me, but you still have to wait for me, for the fun to start!
guglielmo6160
Moderate User

Post by guglielmo6160 »

I think we should send out a private investigator to everyone here that claims they own a Trojan,,, keeps all the riff raff out,,,

(just kidding,,,,,,,)
1983 10 meter express
LandVF36
Moderate User

Post by LandVF36 »

Aaron,
Your dad is absolutely welcome. If it were not true, I would have been kicked out by now :shock:

Looking forward to his posts.....
Mitch
Current Fleet:
2000 Carver 450 Voyager
1991 Thompson 21' Carerra Cuddy
1994 Scout 15'
2005 Caribe LCX9 dingy
1981 16' Hobicat
Former Owner - 1973 Trojan F-36 "Light and Variable"
chumwithabottleofrum
Sporadic User

Post by chumwithabottleofrum »

randyp-I'm going to send my check for membership in as soon as that $500,000 is deposited by the deposed Nigerian king into my account-stay tuned I should get the money any day now.