Updating instrument cluster

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

Dreamer

Updating instrument cluster

Post by Dreamer »

Has anyone updated there instrument cluster. I'm trying to come up with ideas. I have never been happy with the setup I have. I have my GPS and fish finder mounted on pod mounts. They work well that way, but I would like to see them flush mounted, and new gauges. :) More winter projects.
Better than I deserve
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

Having ran boats with flush mounts I would not have it on mine. Just my 2 cents worth I fine it harder to see and still see were your going
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
ltbrett

Post by ltbrett »

I'm in the same boat, so to speak. I have an international series which has a different helm station, but I bought new 4 in 1 instruments and intedned to flat mount my chartplotter and radar. Unfortunately, prowler is right--the angle of my dash was just too shallow to properly see my screens. I am still considering building a mounting that tilts the face out a bit, but I'm not looking to make this big project even bigger.

Brett
randyp
Active User

Post by randyp »

I mounted the GPS and VHF on the inside of the hardtop over my the stock instrument panel. Can swivel the GPS off a multi-directional mount and can tilt the radio up-down if necessary off it's bracket. Neither get in my way of view. I've added a few switches over time for upgraded electronics, etc, but try to use the same type of push-pull switches because I like the old-time look.
Randy P
1977 F-26 HT
"Blue Heron"
Dreamer

Post by Dreamer »

Thanks, for the input guys. This will give me something to ponder. :lol:
Better than I deserve
Rnd

Post by Rnd »

http://www.boatquest.com/Power/Trojan/E ... tures.aspx Take a look at this set up on an 80,s vintage Trojan from Lavorsi Instruments. Looks like these guys can do almost any thing you want. Not cheep but way cool options. I hope the link works. If not google "Lavorsi"
Rnd

Post by Rnd »

I just tryed the link. You will have to stop the slide show at the instrument panel photo to see gauges.
prowlersfish
2024 Gold Support
2024 Gold Support

Post by prowlersfish »

I don't care for that dash at all :x
Boating is good for the soul
77/78 TROJAN F36 Conv.
6BTA Cummins diesels
Life is to short for a ugly boat :D
duchess
Sporadic User

Post by duchess »