Where's jimini

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

willietrojan
Moderate User

Where's jimini

Post by willietrojan »

Anyone know what happened to jimini? he was the one who started working on getting Trojan pennants awhile back. I have seen that his account has been inactive for long time.
WillieTrojan (Owned F32, Willpower in Kinsale, Va)
Spanish Fort, Al

Looking for 33 International
TADTOOMUCH
Moderate User

Jimini

Post by TADTOOMUCH »

We all got our penants after they were shipped from jimini to someone who did all the distribution work for us. I hope that Jimini is healthy. He was going through a real rough time with his health and that is why the penants took so long to get distributed but they are beautiful.
Boat Name: A TAD TOO MUCH
Model: 1978 F-32 Sedan Cruiser
Engines: Twin Chry 360's 666 hrs original engines

2013 Mercury 300 Ocean Runner 9.9hp Merc 4 stroke
willietrojan
Moderate User

Post by willietrojan »

Yea, I saw that someone wrote that he was not doing well awhile back. Hope he is OK and doing fine!
WillieTrojan (Owned F32, Willpower in Kinsale, Va)
Spanish Fort, Al

Looking for 33 International
rossjo
Ultimate User

Post by rossjo »

I looked it up, and his last post was "Jun 18, 2008".

I'll send him a PM ...
Captain Ross, 2009 Trojan Boater of the Year
"Viva Mahia" F32 Cummins 6BTA diesels,
"Mack Attack" Chaparral 244 Fish, SeaPro 180, McKee 14, Montauk-17
ready123
Ultimate User

Post by ready123 »

I don't think he will see the PM I believe back then he said he no longer had his Internet service.....
Michael
Rum is the reason Pirate's have never ruled the world
Done Dreamin'
1987 President 43' Twin Lehman 225SP Turbo
Highfield 310 Ally 15 HP Yamaha 2cycle
1978 F32 Sedan twin 318 Chry SOLD
Safe Cove Marina, Port Charlotte, FL
wowzer52
Active User

Post by wowzer52 »

jimini started the Trojan pendant project but was unable to complete due to health issues and passed it to David Kane who organized the distribution of the pendants and we all are very greatful for all the work by both parties......jimini's pendants are indeed beautiful and I couldn't wait to put it on.
1975 F-32 "SIMPLY BLESSED"
rossjo
Ultimate User

Post by rossjo »

No response to my PM ...
Captain Ross, 2009 Trojan Boater of the Year
"Viva Mahia" F32 Cummins 6BTA diesels,
"Mack Attack" Chaparral 244 Fish, SeaPro 180, McKee 14, Montauk-17
David Kane
Sporadic User

Post by David Kane »

I believe Jimini has dropped off the radar screen. I too have not been able to contact him. I think he found other interests in his life & moved on. He lived in Illinois & found a girlfriend in Ft. Wayne, IN. He was thinking of moving there last I knew. Actually, although he was interested in getting a Trojan boat, he did not own one, so it may have been a simple matter for him to just drift away from the forum.

I underwent treatment for prostate cancer last Feb. & felt pretty crappy until Sept. Never did pursue doing a leak down test on my starboard engine. Money also an issue.

I am a retired salaried employee from Delphi Corp. Delphi hosed us by dropping our health insurance effective April 1st this year. With just undergoing cancer treatment, no other insurance co. would take me on. I had only 1 choice, to take the very expensive self-pay insurance offered through Delphi (& Delphi is even dropping that the end of this month). I got the insurance for my wife & I. Between the premiums being so high and a $5,000 deductible before the policy would start paying, we haven't been able to afford going to the doctors, nor get prescription medicines until this month, when we switched to a more affordable plan.

I say more affordable tounge in cheek. It's cost me over $3,000 to make the switch. I'm supposed to see the majority of that money back, but the government is involved, and like any good beuracracy, it won't begin to happen until 2010.

We retirees formed an association to fight reductions in our pensions. A congressional hearing was held on the matter Dec. 2nd. I responded to a request for testimonials about the negative impact Delphi's doing have had on us. Of the hundreds and hundreds of testimonials submitted, 2 were picked to become a part of the public record from that hearing. Mine was 1 of them. I was amazed. Times are tough for everybody, and I didn't think I was much different from anybody else. I feel fortunate in several respects. Still have both boats (although it's a real struggle to pay for next year's slip just for the Trojan-we'll keep the runabout on the trailer & not get a slip for it to save money). We still have a home, although that's going to get real dicey if my pension gets cut. I think I shared on a prior post that a dockmate of mine 2 slips down fell in the water in Nov. & died of hypothermia. His business tanked & he lost his home. He was going to live aboard his boat in inside storage all winter long, but didn't make it. Another dockmate of mine lost his boat and home last year. To me, there are a lot more hardships out there than mine.

I can truthfully say that God's blessed me in many, many ways, even in the hard times, & I am thankful. To all on the forum, MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Peter
Moderate User

Post by Peter »

David;

Have a Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year. Sorry to hear about the things you've had to go through, and are going through. Can only imagine the sleepless nights, and worry you and your family must have had. A tough situation to be in.I'm just down the road from you, in Norwalk.... if I can help out in any way fire me off a PM or e-mail.
larglo
Moderate User
Location: Mt Juliet, TN. Percy Prist Lake, Fate Sanders Marina

Post by larglo »

I hope jimini is somewhere, some place enjoying life to the fullest! 8)

But, is there any way, more of these pendents can be made? I for one, would really enjoy having this pendent waving on my boat. :-)

Anyone know of a company that can make the pendent?

Thanks,

Larry
Larry - 1980 F25 HT

"Lady G"
Mt. Juliet, TN
http://www.photobucket.com/larglo
randyp
Active User

Post by randyp »

David

Your post really brings home the impact of this recession and what can happen when a company does not fulfill its obligations to its employees. You and your fellow workers were there for Delphi and they should have been there for you. The fact that your healthcare was part of your employment benefits is something way too many of us take for granted. I just want on Medicare in November and that's no great deal either since the premium for it and the Medicare Advantage plan I signed up for from my previous employer just saw a 40% increase in monthly premiums simply because the insurance company has no regulation on what they do. I'm no fan of the "healthcare reform" package that's going through congress right now as it still protects these insurance companies from screwing us over, but it's at least a start. If we could ever figure out a way of getting the middleman (insurance company or govt) out of the way between us and our healthcare providers I think things would get more affordable and better.

I hope that you and your family weather this storm and things only get better for you in 2010 and beyond.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

All the best

Randy
Randy P
1977 F-26 HT
"Blue Heron"
David Kane
Sporadic User

Post by David Kane »

Larry (Largo) I have 1 pennant left. $37, includes shipping. Let me know your address via PM if you want it. I'll PM my address to you.

Prestige Flags out of San Diego, Ca made them down in Mexico. They are a proprietary design of Jimini's, so they just won't make more on anyone else's say so. The only leverage we may have is to ask them to try to contact Jimini. Then, if they can't, they may open up to having someone else order them. Business is business, especially in these economic times. Believe there may be a minimum order quantity required, but don't know what it is; 25? 40? 50?
wowzer52
Active User

Post by wowzer52 »

David, don't forget the hope of "beauty for ashes". God bless you all this Christmas.
1975 F-32 "SIMPLY BLESSED"
robertBrown3232

Post by robertBrown3232 »

David
sorry to hear about the problems you have been having with you health and insurance. I wanted to make it down to see you over the summer but we had some health problems too. maybe this next year. I think you said you are a veteran. I just started gettin some of my meds from the VA. I have COPD and my stuff is prety high also. You should check on that and see if they can help. it sure makes a differance. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
P.S. The pennant I got from you flew from my bow rail all summer and looked real good.

Bob
I have a 28 ft Trojan docked on Catawba Island in Onio. Would like to hear from other Trojan owners in the area.
David Kane
Sporadic User

Post by David Kane »

No Bob, I am not a veteran. I do serve in a state guard, which does not qualify me for VA benefits. Our retiree association just had a hearing in Mich. yesterday. Won the argument to have the Pension Benefit Guarantee Corp. provide documentation to the court to judge whether or not the action they took was legal. This is a big step in the right direction to stop our pensions from being cut.

Stay in touch-hope we can get together next summer. With COPD, do you sleep better on your boat? I sleep much better on the water than I do at home.