adding on to the swim platform?

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

rick1954
Moderate User

Post by rick1954 »

Rjcress, I refinished my platform last winter, this thing was falling off the back of the boat when I removed the boat from the weeds. Because it was falling apart , it made it easy to dis-assemble. If you are going to add strips to the front you will have to run the supporting boards on the bottom side, front to back. If you can remove to old ones, you will be half way home, they are epoxied on and will not be fun to remove if the epoxy is holding
Rick 1976 Trojan E-26 Express 351 FI
Info@emaltd.com
rick1954
Moderate User

Post by rick1954 »

I think you could do that but, if you add another board front to back along side you will cover up the openings in the platform and lend itself to rot. Maybe what you can do is add another board on top of the board that is attached now, that should do ya, and only add a little wight. I will be adding to the back side edge facing aft, so the edge will follow the curve of the boat. My platform was straight with no curve, this will make it easy for me to add on ,I will not have to support it like you will. Oh Yeah, don’t forget the gorilla glue and the S/S screws LOL.
Rick 1976 Trojan E-26 Express 351 FI
Info@emaltd.com