Cleaning teak

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

jddens
Moderate User

Cleaning teak

Post by jddens »

I just refinished the teak swim platform on my F30. A friend suggested I clean it with tide laundry powder with bleach.......It worked fantastic. Cleaned right up with very little effort. I mixed some tide with water to make a soupy mixture then used a semi soft bristle brush to clean the teak...

Many of you may know of this method but I didn't and thought I'd pass it on, it was really easy and did a great job, at a fraction of the cost of commercial teak cleaners. After scrubbing lightly with the brush I wiped it down with a damp towel, then hosed it off. 4 coats of oil and it looks great!
1972 Trojan Sea Raider F30 - FI 350's "Time Warp"
1998 Kawasaki ZXi 1100
1972 Chevy Fleetside Shortbed hotrod.......450hp
10.5 Newport Inflatable w/15hp Rude
jimini

Post by jimini »

How much Tide and how much water? Cup per Gallon of water??
You've gotta be tough if you're gonna be STUPID!

jimini
jddens
Moderate User

Post by jddens »

didn't actuall measure, but I mixed about 2 cups water to about 1/4 cup tide and that did my entire swim platform. I hosed it down first to get it wet then it only took about 10 minutes to wash it down with the tide a brush.......came out so good, I'm now motivated to do the toe trim and stern rail all the way around....
1972 Trojan Sea Raider F30 - FI 350's "Time Warp"
1998 Kawasaki ZXi 1100
1972 Chevy Fleetside Shortbed hotrod.......450hp
10.5 Newport Inflatable w/15hp Rude