part name by lazarette seacock F32

This forum is for comments and the exchange of information relating to Trojan Boats and boating. Please do not post used parts or boats For Sale in this area. For general, non-boating topics please use our "General Discussions" section.

Note: Negative or inflammatory postings will not be tolerated.

Moderators: BeaconMarineBob, Moderator, BeaconMarineDon

rufflivin

part name by lazarette seacock F32

Post by rufflivin »

I thought I closed my lazarette seacock for winter but apparently did not and sure enough I have a water leak from the burst element beside the seacock. I have a picture from the top and the unit under the green top is what is broken, allowing water to pour thru. I tried to take off the hoses beside the seacock so I could pull the unit up (kinda like the strainer on my Sea Ray) but the hoses appear to be tightly connected with more than the stainless steel "thingie" (I am VERY NEW at all these terms, sorry.) I loosed them but the hose is actually like a water hose and they will not loosen, even with a wrench. My main question is what is the part that I need to get to replace? Again, it is like a strainer bottle or plastic unit and it is broken (must have froze over the winter) and it is hard to get it off. But the Trojan manual show nothing in this area, just a table of where seacocks are.

Thanks for any help you can suggest, esp based on my ability to describe the situation as well as I wish I could.
Attachments
bottle under this green top by lazarette seacock is broken. What is it called?
bottle under this green top by lazarette seacock is broken. What is it called?
by seacock in lazarette.jpg (68.43 KiB) Viewed 1814 times
Frank Brown
aaronbocknek
Ultimate User
Location: baltimore, md (alexandria, va and middle river,md) PARKSIDE MARINA

Re: part name by lazarette seacock F32

Post by aaronbocknek »

rufflivin wrote:I thought I closed my lazarette seacock for winter but apparently did not and sure enough I have a water leak from the burst element beside the seacock. I have a picture from the top and the unit under the green top is what is broken, allowing water to pour thru. I tried to take off the hoses beside the seacock so I could pull the unit up (kinda like the strainer on my Sea Ray) but the hoses appear to be tightly connected with more than the stainless steel "thingie" (I am VERY NEW at all these terms, sorry.) I loosed them but the hose is actually like a water hose and they will not loosen, even with a wrench. My main question is what is the part that I need to get to replace? Again, it is like a strainer bottle or plastic unit and it is broken (must have froze over the winter) and it is hard to get it off. But the Trojan manual show nothing in this area, just a table of where seacocks are.

Thanks for any help you can suggest, esp based on my ability to describe the situation as well as I wish I could.
please see my detailed response to this question in the repost you put up.......should be above or below this thread. either way, i've given you detailed info that will hopefully assist you in your quest for knowledge.
aaron
1982 F-36 TRI CABIN ENTERPRISE
PARKSIDE MARINA IN MIDDLE RIVER, MD
aaronbocknek@gmail.com